Yun On Chip (YoC) is a hardware & software platform led by Alibaba for IoT that cloud-infrastructure software and chips are closely integrated. Cloud-Infrastructure software includes lightweight operating system (YunOS-Embedded), application framework and Java framework for cloud application requirements; relevant hardware includes embedded CPU core, secure chip architecture and domain-specific chip platform.
YoC has been granted the mission of minimalist development since the idea was first put forward by Alibaba. On one hand, YoC provides intelligent hardware makers with an integrative development model which incorporates embedded equipment, cloud access service, cloud business service and cloud computing. On the other hand, standard sensor access interface, integrated YoC channel and comprehensive security mechanism enable smooth flow of data, events and controls between devices and cloud. On the whole, YoC has the following features:
· Embedded CPU IP core optimized for YoC which implements closely optimization between hardware and software;
· Supports comprehensive, hierarchical ID2 + uRadar security mechanism based on both hardware and software;
· YoC extends the capability of chip by cloud and makes it possible to implement high-complexity, intensive-computing system on low-cost SoC. Meanwhile, cloud IP enables infinite extension of equipment capability;
· Fill-in-blank application development model based on Event/Action framework;
· YoC cloud Service ecology makes that devices are no longer intelligent “islets”;
· Multi-level IoT device development platform.
According to the fragmentation feature of IoT, YunOS-Embedded resided in YoC device falls into 3 different levels profile:
· Computing Device
This is aimed at Internet access devices with strong computing power, such as intelligent monitor, VR (virtual reality) and MFP (multi-function printer). Its main features are high computing performance and not power-sensitive.
· Smart Device
This is aimed at intelligent Internet access devices involving more user interaction and high real-time requirement, such as wearables, smart home appliances, health care or medical electronics. Its main features are low power, low cost and high real-time performance.
· Smart Sensor
This is aimed at devices responsible for access to various sensors and mainly implements the digitalization of information in physical world and communicates with cloud. Its main features are extremely low power, extremely low cost, almost no user interaction, but with high reliability.